BECOME A MEMBER
Your support of Heritage Central Otago helps to identify, protect, manage and celebrate Central Otago’s special and unique heritage for future generations.
Benefits of membership
We can help you and your organisation with:
- applying for and accessing funding and grants
- identifying opportunities for collaboration and resource sharing with other heritage organisations
- promoting your project and initiative in the community
- advocating interests in the community on your behalf.
Criteria for membership and how can I join?
Any organisation or individual with an interest in protecting and celebrating Central Otago’s heritage is welcome to become a member of Heritage Central Otago.
Become a member today by sending your details to the Heritage Coordinator. Get in touch by entering your details in the contact form below and we’ll do the rest!
Membership is free
Old Cromwell Heritage Precinct
Belfast Store was opened in 1878 by Sherwood and Wright and by 1885 it was trading as Sherwood & Co Wine, Spirit and Provision Merchants. In 1888 it was trading as Robert Henry & Co, followed in 1895 by owner William T Talboys. By 1925, when William Jelley purchased the business, it was known as London House but the date of the name change is unknown. The building was demolished by the Ministry of works, stored and later reconstructed on its present site using the same stones. Belfast Store building is now the home of OCTA Gallery
Current members and interested parties of Heritage Central Otago
Our members play an active role in the identification, protection, management and celebration of Central Otago’s heritage. The following organisations are current members or interested parties of Heritage Central Otago:
- Aukaha (Kāi Tahu)
- Alexandra Miners Village & Riverside Park Trust
- Central Lakes Trust
- Central Otago District Council
- Central Otago Environmental Society
- Central Otago Libraries
- Central Otago Museums Trust
- Central Stories Museum and Art Gallery
- Clyde Museum
- Cromwell Museum
- Cromwell & Districts Community Trust
- Department of Conservation
- Drybread Cemetery Trust
- Heritage New Zealand Pohere Taonga
- NZ Society of Genealogists – Alexandra Branch
- Otago Central Rail Trail Trust
- Otago Goldfields Heritage Trust
- Otago Museum
- Promote Dunstan
- St Bathans Heritage and Environmental Protection Society
- Teviot Valley District Museum
- Upper Clutha Historical Records Society